點菜有兩種方式,一是a la carte(隨意點菜),一是tabled' hote或fixed price meal(份飯,套餐),后一種有幾道固定的菜肴和飲料,價格也是固定的。它的優點就是方便快捷,點菜時只需指著菜單說:
Please give me this one. (請給我來這個。)
We want two number eights, please. (我們要四份第八套餐。)
在點菜之前,一般先要份菜單: May I have a menu, please? (我可以看菜單嗎?)
如果不急于點菜,可以在服務生問到: Can I take your order now? (你現在叫點什么嗎?) 回答: Not quite. Could I have a few more minutes? (不,我可以再多等會嗎?)
需要叫菜時,可以說: Please take my order. (請接受點菜。)
如果對當地的菜肴不熟悉,可以問: What is the specialty of the restaurant? (這家店的招牌餐是什么?)
Do you have any special meals today? (今天有什么特餐嗎?)
What would you recommend? I prefer something light. (我想來點清淡些的,你能推薦什么嗎?)
也可以讓同來的人替你作主,或是點重復的飯菜: I'll leave it to you. (我讓你來點。)
I'll have the same as that one. (我要一份和那個一樣的。)
自己點菜可以更隨意些,例如: A. Could you tell me how this thing is cooked? (能否告訴我這道菜是怎么做的?)
B. Lobster? It's steamed and served with our special sauce. (龍蝦?蒸過后加上本店特制的調味料。)
A. Is it good? (好吃嗎?)
B. Sure. It's a most popular dish. (當然,很受歡迎的。)
A. I think I'll try some lobster, and give me some green salad together. (我想我來點兒吧。再給我一份蔬菜沙拉。)
B. We have three dressings for salad. Which one would you like ? (我們有三種沙拉調味汁,您要哪種?)
A. What kind do you have? (你們有什么?)
B. We have Italian, French and Thousand Island. (有義大利,法國和千島的。)
A. Make it French please. (給我法式的吧。) |